Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Goals.



Gotta put it on the line to grow. Last year I made a few general goals but I want to be more specific this year. Here are my goals for 2011.

1. STAY HEALTHY and get 12 months of training in this year!

2. Compete in 4 tournaments.

3. Get away from closed guard and make my guard game 80% open.

4. Get a North South Choke in a tournament.

5. Work on takedowns and get a single or double leg takedown in a tournament.

6. Win my first 1st place medal.

7. Get my left knee back to 100%.

8. Eat more healthy and get to 185 walk around weight (179 Competition Weight).

9. Train with Marcelo Garcia or Robert Drysdale. ;) (Training w/ Eddie Bravo on 1/15)

10. Watch ADCC 2011 surrounded by other Jiu Jitsu people.

*As always, most importantly I want to be the best father and husband I can be. If any of these goals are sacrificed to maintain this, I must understand and not be prideful (another goal).

Im going to really enjoy doing Jiu Jitsu this year and not fear it or feel like I have something to prove. Through child like eyes I will attempt to grow as a martial artist and human being.

Lets all have a safe, healthy, and fun 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment