Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rigan Machado seminar at McCune Martial Arts in Minnesota.




I had the chance to train with the legend Rigan Machado earlier today. The experience was amazing and the techniques covered were top notch. On top of everything was the honor of watching my coach Mike Ellefson recieve his BJJ blackbelt! I cannot think of any other place I would have rather been today. Being amongst such a high caliber group of coaches, friends, and training partners was priceless experience. Thanks to everyone who was there!

The seminar was broken up into a gi half and a no gi half.

Gi

We trained stand up techniques/takedowns.

1. Inner reap from underhook belt control and pant leg lift.

2. Far side leg sweep from overhook-collar control.

3. Inside leg sweep from overhook-collar control.

4. Double leg from straight arm post/push.

5. Bear hug outside reap from failed #1.

Did quick drills to rep these out. Good way to drill.

No Gi

1. Darce from bottom side.

2. Darce from failed single leg.

3. Darce from in half guard.

Another round of quick drills.

We rounded out the day by doing a bottom side control drill in which we had 3-4 people pile up on top of you for 1 minute. This was killer but everyone was able to do it. Really cool experience despite my hatred for being crushed on the bottom. This was followed by a few rounds of speed shrimping. Yours truely actually won this elimination competition. Who knew I could shrimp for speed?! Lol.

All and all a very fun time and great learning experience. I couldnt help but wonder I good I might be at this stuff if I was able to train like this everyday?! Having Rigan and the entire Machado Competition team in one room is an amazing thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment