Thursday, August 26, 2010

Random Ramblings

Worked the half guard tonight and I was instantly taken back to my last tournament where I was ineffective while working the bottom half guard. It is frustrating to see the holes in your game! Its a good thing to know where they exist, but god it sucks to know this part of your game needs work. Do you play the traditional half guard, use the lockdown, or venture in the newer stuff (ie: deep half guard)? I was grateful to my coach Tim for working top and bottom half guard with me after class. Reps are whats needed!!! Its not like I haven't studied or drilled the half guard in the past 2.5 years. The reality of it is that I haven't drilled it enough to be comfortable and effective using it. What works for you guys? Seriously. I wanna hear from others.

My biggest problems.
1. Staling in the lockdown.
2. Being flat WAY too much (especially cross bodied).
3. Getting my knee shield smashed and fold passed.
4. Getting my under hook whizzerd.


Help a brother out with information and I will hit the mats and rep it out!!


Oh yeah,,,there's that passing from the top too. Maybe I'll fuss about that next time. ;)

Too bad we only get one lifetime to learn this stuff. I could use at least 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment